[cups] Sending mail from a CentOS7 virtual machine to Fuji Xerox ApeosPort-IV C4475 problem revisted

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 01:38:13 PDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:50 PM マスターズ・イアン <ian at ncsa.jp> wrote:

> > How are you at reading shell scripts?
>
> Not very good at all really.

Hi Ian,
Ah, that is a problem for this sort of thing, as you now know.

> or in English, somnething like:
>
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/fxauth.test: Line 17: Unexpected end of file (EOF)
> while searching matching '' '
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/fxauth.test: line 24: syntax error: unexpected end of
> file (EOF)

Maybe $INPUT is empty?
The way to test a script is to ascertain that the expected inputs exist,
and print them out with echo for example to check.
Then you can check the output.
I don't know if I have time to help on the weekend, but if I do, the first
thing I will do is just show you how to do the above.
Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug