[cups] Sending mail from a CentOS7 virtual machine to Fuji Xerox ApeosPort-IV C4475 problem revisted

マスターズ・イアン ian at ncsa.jp
Thu Oct 18 23:58:41 PDT 2018

Gernot and anyone else still reading ...

I decided to try and run each filter one by one to see what happens.

I started with:

/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopdffx 1 3496 '' 1 '' </home/user1/Desktop/test1.pdf >pdftopdffx.pdf

That was OK, it produced a readable PDF from a readable PDF

Then I tried:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopjlfx 1 3496 '' 1 '' </home/user1/pdftopdffx.pdf >pdftopdffx.pjlfx

and I got "Segmentation fault (コアダンプ)"

I thought that might mean that /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopjlfx was corrupted but I extracted it from the RPM and diffed the 2 and they were identical.

I'm not sure why it's core dumping but I guess that's why it's not producing a useable print job.

Any idea what I can do about this?

ian