[cups] Sending mail from a CentOS7 virtual machine to Fuji Xerox ApeosPort-IV C4475 problem

マスターズ イアン ian at ncsa.jp
Tue Sep 4 21:40:49 PDT 2018

Hi Bob

Thanks for the suggestions.

> I have a similar problem. I am trying to use Ubuntu 16.04 and a hp
DeskJet 3633 via a Wi-Fi. I have jobs locked in the print que and can
not get them to print out. I found some references that may help you out:

> https://www.cups.org/doc/man-lp.html

> localhost:631/jobs/  Will list jobs in que and other info. See Help pages.

My job is listed as completed in the job queue, though the Name column is "Unknown" and the User column says "Withheld". I'm going to have to find out what that means ...

> https://lab.demog.berkeley.edu/Docs/Refs/cups-sysadmin.pdf - I think
this is the original description that has plenty of info about CUPS.

This looks like a pretty useful document, although the trouble-shooting section is a bit shoter than I was hoping for. ;-)

> I have subscribed to several mailing lists but I have yet to get an
answer that will solve my problem.  Bad time to seek an answer during
the Labor Day weekend.

Have you tried checking all the logs in /var/log/cups for any useful information? Sorry I can't suggest anything else for your problem ...

> Good luck with solving your problems,

You too!

Thanks

ian