[cups] CUPS won't send my user name to the printer

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:48:17 PDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 11:10 AM, マスターズ イアン <ian at ncsa.jp> wrote:

> One more thing.
>
> I thought I would be able to see the contents of my test.txt file ("cups
> test") somewhere in the Wireshark capture, but I don't see it.
>
> The file is not being encrypted, so surely I should be able to see it.

How about setting debug for CUPS and looking at the CUPS debug log? That
will tell you which filters are being invoked and you can see what they do.
Also, you could set up a file printer, and output the file to there first,
and then manually send it to the printer with lpr -o raw ...

Hope that helps.
Gernot Hassenpflug