[cups] Setting up a file printer under CentOS7

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:14:48 PDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:09 PM マスターズ・イアン <ian at ncsa.jp> wrote:

> Hey Gernot
>
> >   Maybe you can check the printfile to see what the PJL  parameters
> included in the final printjob are, and if they are what you want/need in
> comparison with an equivalent working printjob from Windows or someplace.
>
> Do you mean, in
> /tmp/systemd-private-50d346fc75b8442ba768bceb72f73085-cups.service-s6GrAJ/tmp/foo
> ?
> Those are:
> @PJL
> @PJL COMMENT begin
> @PJL COMMENT Version:4.00
> @PJL SET RENDERMODE=AUTOCOLOR
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@DIPQ=STANDARD"
> @PJL SET PAPER=A4
> @PJL SET COLLATE=OFF
> @PJL SET COPIES=1
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@FSTP=0"
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@LSTP=0"
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@LOUT=NOSCALING"
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@ZOOM=100"
> @PJL SET DUPLEX=OFF
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@ANNT=OFF"
> @PJL SET AUTOSELECT=ON
> @PJL SET MEDIATYPE=NORMAL
> @PJL SET OUTBIN=MAINTRAY
> @PJL SET JOBATTR="@FSIZ=4205"
> @PJL SET TIMEOUT=0
> @PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PDF

I don't see anything related to authentication there... you have to know
what parameters you need, and adjust the filters accordingly. Still, since
there is nothing in your list from the filter as far as I can tell, it
seems it is not in your filter chain.

> > Apart from anything in the error log that is.
>
> Error log, here I come ... 1500 lines ... :-(

probably here you will see that some filters were chosen and some that you
expected (and need) were not. That would probably mean working out the
correct chain of mime types (and maybe weights) so that one filter calls
the correct next one.

> Thanks for your assistance this week, have a good weekend. I'm ready for
> mine now!

Enjoy! Long weekend in Japan much appreciated.
Cheers,
Gernot Hassenpflug