[cups] How to call a script when a job arrives

Marc Haber mh+cups at zugschlus.de
Fri Apr 5 03:31:01 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 10:47:52AM +0100, Brian Potkin wrote:
> Interface scripts have been unsupported by CUPS since v2.2b1. I would
> use Tea4CUPs. There is a Debian wiki page.

Tea4cups looks just like my cup of coffee ;-)

How would that work: I have the printer autodiscovered, yielding a
dnssd:// device URI, and then change this URI to tea4cups:/dnssd://,
right? Since the "modify printer" web page won't give me the change to
hand-edit the device URI, I would manually have to edit the
printers.conf file?

Greetings
Marc