[cups] cups-pdf and landscape?

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:04:46 PDT 2019

On 4/24/19 11:31 AM, Brian Potkin wrote:
> On Wed 24 Apr 2019 at 11:10:08 -0700, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
>
>> If there a way to tell Cups that I want CUPS-PDF to default to
>> landscape?  (I found how to change it from A4 to Letter in
>> http://127.0.0.1:631, but could not find a setting for orientation.)
> We can now have a nice discussion on what you mean by "default to landscape".
> Or even what you mean by landscape. Anyway
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/pdftopdfandPageRotation
>
> could clarify your thinking.

Hi Brian,

When I select CUPS-PDF as the printer and I haven't told the
printer what paper size I want and what orientation I want,
I want it to default to "Letter" and "Landscape".

I figured out how to do "Letter" but not how to set orientation
"Landscape".

Is there some .conf I can set orentation in?

-T