[cups] debugging file auto-typing

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Feb 13 17:03:53 PST 2019

All-

Is there a recommended practice for debugging why CUPS chooses a certain
mime type when auto-typing a print job?

I know I can use local.types and my own types with priority() to force
CUPS to prefer a particular type, but what I'm trying to determine is
which types are coming out of the process as candidates.

Is my best bet something like installing the debug symbols for
'cupsfilter' and stepping through what its doing with a debugger?

If it makes a difference, this is for CUPS 1.4.2 on RHEL 6.10.  In
addition, this is for a central CUPS print server that is receiving
print jobs from a variety of client systems.

Thanks,

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)