[cups] cannot authenticate

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Thu Jan 17 05:10:09 PST 2019

Hallo,

I'm using cups 2.3b4 on a opensuse Tumbleweed.

When I try to delete a print job via the web interface, I have to
authenticate. But I always get "permission denied".

In the logs I found:

pam_authenticate() returned 10 (User not known to the underlying
authentication module)

I configured the Systemgroup via "SystemGroup root". So "root" should be
allowed to delete jobs when I use "@SYSTEM" in cupsd.conf.

But I can't.

Any hints?

Regards

Daniel

-----------------------

cupsd.conf:

<Location />
  # Allow remote administration...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow 10.0.0.0/8
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  # Allow remote administration...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow 10.0.0.0/8
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  # Allow remote access to the configuration files...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow 10.0.0.0/8
</Location>
<Policy default>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default
  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
  SubscriptionPrivateValues default
  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job
Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job
CUPS-Get-Document>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer
CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer
Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer
Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs
CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
</Policy>
<Policy authenticated>
<Policy allowallforanybody>
  <Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Limit>
</Policy>
DefaultPolicy default

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Systemadministration
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München