[cups] cannot authenticate

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:35:16 PST 2019

On Thu 17 Jan 2019 at 11:28:38 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 17 January 2019 08:10:09 Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
> Thread hijacking, sorta, see way below.

"sorta"? How about "completely"? You have made no attempt to help
Daniel Spannbauer but have pursued your own agenda. Rather blatent
and inexucusable behaviour for an experienced user.

[Lots of snipping of irrelevancies]

[...]

> I've had a similar problem ever since I installed debian wheezy. I had

wheezy? Out-of-date; unsupported; does anyone know what Debian CUPS
on it does? Do yourself a favour and get to stretch or, preferably,
buster. You know it makes sense when it comes to printing. You just
might get your modern printer to behave well with a modern OS.

[...]

> Some one was attempting to help me a couple months back, but dropped off
> the radar.

I thought that "some one" was very helpful and sympathetic. Did you
expect him to stick by your side through thick and thin?

[...]

--
Brian.