[cups] IPP Everywhere - Error reading raster data

Niko E. nefthy at nefthy.de
Wed Jan 23 11:12:35 PST 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to set up an Brother HL-3152-CDW with the IPP Everywhere[1].
When I try to print a test page I get the error message "Filter failed"
in the CUPS webinterface, while the log states:

E [23/Jan/2019:19:47:49 +0100] [Job 97] Error reading raster data.

The address I am using is:

ipp://<ip-of-the-printer>:631/ipp/print

I suspect, that the error occurs prior to any network activity, as the
message always occurs independent of ipp address.

I am quite stuck in debugging this. Do you have any pointers?

Thanks and Greetings,

Niko

[1] Reason behung that is, that the native driver by brother is 32bit
only and I am on a pure 64bit system.