[cups] cups-2.3b5 on SuSE SLES 12 and SLES 15

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Jan 28 06:12:18 PST 2019

On Jan 28 12:43 Matthias Apitz wrote (excerpt):
> My question was more: why the group 'sys' (which was fine
> on SLES12) is not there anymore on SLES 15.

I don't know.

Perhaps (only a blind guess) it is related to
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-01/msg00366.html
and
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-06/msg00754.html

> I'm not compiling anything "secretly"

Then please tell where your public accessible place is
where you compile CUPS so that others could have a look
and benefit from your work or even contribute to your work.

FYI:
The openSUSE Build Service provides for each user his
own separated so called "Home Project" where each user
can compile what he likes as he likes (I think the only
precondition is "free software"), e.g. my home project is
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:jsmeix

Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)