[cups] brother MFC-7840w has incorrect page margins

Ram Bhamidipaty ram at ramandgita.com
Sat Mar 2 18:17:22 PST 2019

Hi,

I'm using cups 2.2.10 with a Brother MFC-7840w, this is on arch linux.

The problem is that the margins are off. For example the "Print Test
Page" operation results in the outer bounding box shifted down and
slightly to the right, so that the bottom and right lines are off the page.

I suspect that some of the filter programs are generating an expected
offset, what kinds of steps should I follow to debug/troubleshoot this
problem?

Thanks for any info.
Ram