[cups] I cannot print using the Canon TS6000 series – CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.13-2 driver.

Bill 624wtl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:00:19 PST 2019

  I have recently changed my printer from a HP Photosmart 6520 to a
Canon Pixma TS6220.  My OS is Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, with CUPS version
2.2.7-1ubuntu2.3.

After searching for ways to install, I added this printer via the
http://localhost:631/ website. I have “added” this printer twice – one
with the Canon TS6000 series – CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.13-2 driver, and one
with Canon TS6200 series Ver 5.70 (en) driver. I can print using the
latter driver, but cannot using the “Gutenprint” driver. After
initiating a “print” command for either a file or a test page, there is
a response on the printer’s control panel, but no response mechanically.
When the control panel returns to it’s normal state, the “job” is
reported as “complete”.

Is there another version that might work? Or do I have the printer
configured wrong?

Kind regards,

Bill