[cups] Cups default/private job options

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Wed Mar 6 06:33:38 PST 2019

Hi,

I have a cups server configured and working in a Debiab Stretch (cups 2.2.1). We
have a new Konica Minolta printer C258 that has an authentication system.

The manufacturer has some non public ppd and driver where you can define the
user and pass in the Default options at the web cups front-end.

The system is working but in some cases, (for instance okular or some
sophisticated apps) are setting all the options (including the default), and
that parameters are not respected and send correctly to the printer.

So my questions are:

- can I fix in some way that default options to be non modifiable by the user?
- or, can I hide that options in some way that the apps cannot set or see that
parameters?

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia