[cups] Cups default/private job options

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Wed Mar 6 14:38:11 PST 2019

Helge,

El 6/3/19 a les 21:25, Helge Blischke ha escrit:

>> Am 06.03.2019 um 15:33 schrieb Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo at alaxarxa.net>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have a cups server configured and working in a Debiab Stretch (cups 2.2.1). We
>> have a new Konica Minolta printer C258 that has an authentication system.
>>
>> The manufacturer has some non public ppd and driver where you can define the
>> user and pass in the Default options at the web cups front-end.
>>
>> The system is working but in some cases, (for instance okular or some
>> sophisticated apps) are setting all the options (including the default), and
>> that parameters are not respected and send correctly to the printer.
>>
>> So my questions are:
>>
>> - can I fix in some way that default options to be non modifiable by the user?
>> - or, can I hide that options in some way that the apps cannot set or see that
>> parameters?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

>> Leopold
>>

> Please post the PPD for this printer you are using.
> NOTE: you need to add the extension ".txt“ to the file name because the list eliminates
> all attachments which are not text files.

I'm sorry, but I can't. The license prohibits to transfer the files.
But, for example, I have some part that shows this:

*OpenUI *KMAuthUser/Username: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 10 AnySetup *KMAuthUser
*DefaultKMAuthUser: None
*KMAuthUser None/None: " "
*CloseUI: *KMAuthUser

I have played with this in the policy section:

<Policy default>
  JobPrivateValues AccountTrack KMAuthUser KMAuthPass job-name
job-originating-host-name phone

but no success.

My question is how to fix a value and not let the user to modify.

Thanks,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia