[cups] Can't detect file type / Not a PDF file

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 06:38:15 PDT 2019

On Thu 02 May 2019 at 13:52:18 +0100, Henrik Morsing wrote:

> On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 12:45:19PM +0100, Brian Potkin wrote:
> >
> > It might be worth capturing the file sent to the server and looking at
> > the header.
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DissectingandDebuggingtheCUPSPrintingSystem#Capturing_the_File_Received_by_CUPS
> >

> Hi,
>
> If choosing the actual printer for a driver in Windows, despite the
> driver being called 'PS' at the end, I get this:
>
> # file d00285-001
> d00285-001: PJL encapsulated PostScript document text
>
> # head -6 d00285-001
> 2345X at PJL JOB
> @PJL SET FRONTCOVERPRINT=OFF
> @PJL SET FRONTCOVERPRINTTRAY=TRAY1
> @PJL SET ECONOMODE=OFF
> @PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=POSTSCRIPT
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
>
> Can I run a relevant filter on that file (gstopdf or gstorsater)
> somehow?

I can think of a way to remove the first five lines so that the file
should pass a gstoraster test, but am unsure what else it might affect.
However, if you insist, I'll give it to you.

There is also the matter of whether it is the right way to handle what
seems to me like a bug in cups-filters.

https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/issues

--
Brian.