[cups] Print stuck in cue / becomes unstuck when opening GUI print cue / OSX.

Erik Wåhlström erik at erikwahlstrom.se
Fri May 3 05:52:47 PDT 2019

Dear cups-list,

we've encountering a rather strange error with the print cue in OSX,
running a printer in a photo booth setup.

We use 'lp' to print a jpeg on DNP RX1 HS printer from the command line. It
works great, and can run for days, printing 10-50 prints a day.

But for some reason / once in a blue moon / the print becomes stuck in the
print cue. BUT - when we open the Printer Cue GUI in OSX, it immediately
prints / becomes unstuck again.

Why is that? Any clues?

OSX sierra
OSX high sierra

CUPS 2.2.0
CUPS 2.2.5

Best wishes,
Erik

Erik Wåhlström | +46 (0) 702 34 24 94 | erikwahlstrom.se