[cups] driverless printing and group membership

Andreas Radke andreas.radke at mailbox.org
Wed Nov 13 07:40:02 PST 2019

I've switched my Network (Samsung 2825DW) IPP printer from a cups
server queue to use driverless temporary created queue using
cups-filters with cups and cups-filters default config files. I've
noticed that cups won't print out the sent pages and won't throw any
error out even with debug logging enabled until I had added my user to
the "SystemGroup" from cups-files.conf to be allowed to setup a printer.

Is this behavior intentional and useful with driverless printing or
will this change at some point with cups 2.4.x?

Andy
Arch Linux