[cups] ippeveprinter - how to set up with real printer?

Zdenek Dohnal zdohnal at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 07:17:46 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to test ippeveprinter printer application which comes with
CUPS-2.3.0:

# ippeveprinter -D socket://<printer-ipv4-addr>:9100 -c
/usr/lib/cups/command/ippeveps -P /etc/cups/ppd/BRQ-TPBC-1D124-North.ppd
-d /var/spool/cups brno4-tpbc-1st-north -v

then I can see the print queue in print dialog, but then print dialog
(in evince, in this case) gets stuck on "Getting printer attributes".
The verbose log from ippeveprinter is attached.

When I turn on cups-browsed, it creates local print queue for
ippeveprinter, but when I print to local queue, ippeveprinter prints
messages and error:

Accepted connection from localhost
localhost Starting HTTPS session.
localhost Unable to encrypt connection: Server credentials not set.
Closing connection from localhost

The printer which is listening on port 9100, it's our company Canon
ImageRunner Advance C255 printer. It is in other network than my PC, so
I cannot see it by default as cups temporary queue. PPD is for slightly
different model, but it works for the printer too.

Would anyone mind helping how I should configure ippeveprinter to work
with our Canon printer?

Thank you in advance,

Zdenek

--