[cups] intermittent cups

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Oct 31 12:21:48 PDT 2019

On Monday 28 October 2019 13:27:43 Gene Heskett wrote:

> This morning I am logging this on my print server, this machine, for
> an attempt to print a config txt file from a rpi4 on my local network.
>
> /var/log/cups/access_log says:
> 192.168.71.13 - -
> [28/Oct/2019:13:11:27 -0400] "POST /printers/MFC-J6920DW HTTP/1.1" 200
> 71312 Print-Job client-error-not-authorized
>
> How best to permanently fix this. linux stretch here, raspbian 10.1
> there on the rpi4.
>
> I want it to print, without any drama, from any machine on my local
> network block.
>
> All this just worked when all systems were intel's running wheezy  or
> pi's running jessie.
>
> Someones paranoia about security ?
>
> All printer profiles are marked shared, and are showing up in the
> geany print menu on all machines.

Now Thursday, and no replies to my Monday query, except the printers have
now disappeared from the print requesters of another machine, which
co-incidentally was updated this morning. cups has been restarted
several times, no errors logged. Somethings sure aglay.

Thanks for any assistance.

> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett