[cups] Updated main server from wheezy to stretch, now wheezy machines aren't finding shared printers.

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Tue Sep 10 07:31:17 PDT 2019

> Here's how I would start:
>
> On your print server
> ====================

I liked your howto, I 'm trying to do something similar.

You mentioned IPP-everywhere print queues. On the server I think
they should be set up like this:

lpadmin -p <printqueuename> -v ipp://<ip-adress-or-name-of-printer>:631/ipp/print -E -m everywhere

The printer must support IPP of course, if doesn't do that properly sometimes
a firmware upgrade will help. It can also be necessary to turn off "ipps" on
the printer.

This URL can be helpful:
https://wiki.debian.org/DriverlessPrinting

-Johan Bengtsson