[cups] XPS proxy for cups

Steve Root steve at rkbb.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 02:22:43 PST 2020

I'm having reasonable* success using IPP printer protocols through cups.
https://www.steveroot.co.uk/2019/11/19/magic-letterhead-tray-making-preprinted-stationary-automatically-on-plain-white-paper/

I would think that you could extend what I did onto a server/VM with two
networks (say 192.168.1.10 & 192.168.2.10), search and add printers on
the 192.168.1.* network and allow sharing to clients on 192.168.2.*
As well as creating a print queue for the magic letterhead I created a
queue that's just a simple plain paper printer but that's not shown in my
blog notes.

*Reasonable == it's been fine for simple A4 prints, duplex options.  It
loses some of the custom print driver functions. EG the Kyocera printer
driver that came with our printers allows for Poster prints for large
documents to be spread across multiple pages but that doesn't appear as an
option for printers added via IPP.  Occasionally weird things have happened
that could be caused anywhere between Win 10 client, programme that's
printing, print server or even the printer itself.

Hope that helps,
Steve