[cups] forcing printout in colores, even on pages in b/w

Steve Root steve at rkbb.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 03:47:51 PDT 2020

I'm not an expert, but from the photo and description, I think it looks
mechanical

* It looks like all Cyan
* Perhaps when printing colour, the cyan drum is activated and
then doesn't drop toner/leave marks, but when printing black
and white it's not activated the same way so you get the left
over residue on the page.

If you can get it cleaned/repaired locally it might be worth trying,
or seeing if you can buy replacement drums/rollers.
--
Steve