[cups] CUPS basic accounting

sawbona at xsmail.com sawbona at xsmail.com
Sat Mar 21 04:42:49 PDT 2020

On Mar 2020 at 21 03, Steeve Root wrote:

> small observation ...
Yes, I'm aware of the 5% you mention.

~ 80% of my printed pages are 75/100% coverage and in plain text so I
think I may be able to (reasonably) compare output between what I
accounted for with the OEM cartdrige that came with the M2020W and
the refill.

The refill service said 1000 pages, which I obviously take with a
large grain of salt but I will be comparing my output against itself
with the only difference being the OEM cartdrige vis a vis the
refilled one.

The OEM one (which HP barely fills), went down for the count at ~361
pages so I just have to compare that with the refill's output.

> ... printer itself may have an easily accessible value.
Yes, but that is for the original OEM filled cartdrige which can cost
as much as what I actually paid for the printer.

It reported 532 printed pages and the difference with the CUPS log
(361) is due to a problem I had with the first page_log file which I
deleted.

In any case, the refilled cartdrige needs a chip to do that as well
as printing via wireless, which I don't fancy.

I did not have it installed as it was a substantial increase in the
refill service price.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Cheers,

G.