[cups] (no subject)

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 06:01:59 PDT 2020

Am Montag, 21. September 2020, 11:11:14 CEST schrieb Bouslama Karim:
> Dear linux guys,
>
> I have an issue with a Canon i-sensys lbp 3010 which used to work fine on
> my mac but I could not get it to work in Lubuntu 18.04.

This exact model is not listed under https://openprinting.org/printers/
manufacturer/Canon/ . Some i-sensys do work, others dont.

> I tried everything I could understand, I'm not a developer or programmer so
> I need a solution that does not involve hundreds of lines of command line.
>
> In windows or Mac, I just plug in, click a few buttons and it's done.

Thats mostly working on Linux as well :-)

What I would try:

As it works on you Mac there may be a chance, as mac uses cups as well.
Open your browser on localhost:631 and check the settings on the Mac.
potentially there is a ppd-file involved. Copy it to a USB stick or something,
and take note about printer connection settings

Now boot your Lubuntu , open localhost:631 and add the printer. You need root
previleges for this, and - if not listed - the ppd from the USB stick

HTH
Axel