[cups] Waiting for the printer to become available (forever)

Jörg Thümmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Tue Feb 2 04:02:45 PST 2021

Am 01.02.21 um 22:07 schrieb Néstor:
>> can you check, whether the printer is acknowledged by the system:
>>
>> what says "lsusb"
>
> Bus 001 Device 008: ID 04f9:009e Brother Industries, Ltd

So it's ack...

you have installed brothers sw from

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=hll2350dw_us_eu_as&os=128&dlid=dlf006893_000&flang=4&type3=625&dlang=true
??

there will kernel modules i assume, you can try to load manually, but
restart seems easier to me... after that use lsmod to look, whether the
brother module is loaded... something with brother or br2 might be

next i wood browse to localhost:631 and have a look on the printers
entry here ... or add it, if's not here.

--
cu

jth