[cups] Waiting for the printer to become available (forever)

Néstor nestorac at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:29:39 PST 2021

Hello,

I'm using Raspberry pi OS based on Debian Buster, CUPS 2.2.10. My
printer is a brother HL-L2350DW, connected by USB. I have installed
the official Brother driver (necessarily i386, not ARM). I have used a
raspberry pi 2, but now I have upgraded it to raspberry pi 4 (4GiB
RAM). Everything works except the printer, which used to work with
rpi2, even if slowly.

The log shows no error messages. The printer queue says "Waiting for
the printer to become available".

What can I do?

--
Néstor Amigo