[cups] CUPS 2 on RHEL 7

Jörg Thümmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Tue Jul 6 22:38:34 PDT 2021

Am 06.07.21 um 18:23 schrieb John Adams:
> Hi, folks,
>
>       I don't find an rpm for this on EPEL or in RedHat's repos. Does CUPS 2 run on RHEL 7?
>
> Thanks,
>
>       John A

Hi,

on Opensuse it was simply called cups not cups2 or similar. But it's
cups 2.x since 2018, maybe 2019 maybe even earlier. Can't imagine RedHat
is on cups 1.x still.

If it's so, you can try to use a Opensuse rpm, there will be several
difficulties (missing libs etc.), but you can try to solve that. And you
can try to compile it from the sources yourself... configure will tell
you, if it's possible. Maybe not if the standard C libs of Redhat are
too old. Changing the std C libs i would not suggest...

I don't see that much differences between cups 1 and 2, more the look
and some security things i think. Do you need a special feature?

--
cu

jth