[cups] Tea4Cups question

serando serando at sunrise.ch
Tue Jun 1 05:00:29 PDT 2021

Please allow me another Tea4Cups question:

I have created my virtual printer this way:
|lpadmin -p pretendq -v tea4cups:/socket://192.168.7.200:9100 -E -P
/etc/cups/ppd/ENVY-5540-series.ppd

So I have now a virtual printer, with the same properties like my real
printer has. And yes, it works ||in principle.

|But:
When I set the property of this virtual printer||||to "high quality
greyscale" (or also "Black only greyscale"), I would expect, that now I
get in the folder ...
/var/spool/cups/
... a greyscale d-pdf-file.

But it's nevertheless coloured.

Question: Why do the settings |||"high quality greyscale" / "Black only
greyscale" not have any effect?