[cups] Problem with cups selecting manual tray on HP laserjet

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Thu Dec 15 12:07:23 PST 2022

Well, both of your PPDs are quite correct. The second one (saved after printing a job)
differs from the former only by a set of statements with empty bodies (double quotes with
possibly only spaces between them).

So, my guess is that the default input slot („auto“) might be differently interpreted
by the printer’s firmware, possibly depending on the usage history.

Helge