[cups] Problem with cups selecting manual tray on HP laserjet

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Sat Dec 17 09:26:27 PST 2022

Well, the PPD generated for this printer contains a weird dupsfilter2 statement
which punishes application/postscriot as a final content type with a cost of 700
(seven hundred !!!).
That means that, whiteout heavily editing the PPD, it is impossible to get PosstScript
to the printer.

If this is essential for you, I could edit a PPD for you, and you’d need to install
the printer manually (by command line via the lpadmin command or the web interface)
using the dnssd backend.

But I’m not sure if you’d deactivate the driverless backend (and possibly the cups-browsed utility)
in addition.

As I don’t have such a printer, I cannot test this approach at my site.

Helge