[cups] iOS will No longer print "...do not have permissions..."

Mark Dm markosjal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:17:42 PST 2022

I now found that section of the help. Nothing applies specifically to iOS
that I see and I am not sure iOS and iOS alone has the problem. I went
through it and even reset the policy to default , which looks like this,
and not understanding all of it:

<Policy default>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default
  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
  SubscriptionPrivateValues default
  <Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI Validate-Job>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs
Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job Cancel-My-Jobs Close-Job CUPS-Move-Job
CUPS-Get-Document>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class
CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer
Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer
Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After Cancel-Jobs CUPS-Accept-Jobs
CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow