[cups] LaserJet stopped working

Ken Wright wizard at koalatyworks.com
Thu Apr 13 21:37:14 PDT 2023

On Thu, 2023-04-13 at 15:04 +0200, Jörg Thümmler wrote:
> Am 13.04.23 um 13:49 schrieb Ken Wright:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > do you use the same printer queue in both cases?
> > >
> > Yes.
>
> Hi,
>
> the document you can print by "lp" command is pdf or ps type as the
> cups testpage is?

It was just a text file.  A .conf file from nginx.

> can you show your working "lp" commandline?

lp /etc/nginx/conf.d/duplicati.conf

> I can only remember one situation like this, there cups correctly was
> sending the jobs , but the printer didn't understand the printfile
> format. So the files "vanished" in cups (found then in the "finished"
> folder). The printer began to load the job (LED flashing) and shortly
> after that stopped flashing and that was all.

After I read this, I copied a one-page .pdf to the server and tried
printing it, along with another plain text file.  Neither worked until
I rebooted the server, after which they printed immediately.  Still
can't print the test page from CUPS, though.