[cups] data/time into job?

Jörg Thümmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Thu Jan 19 22:51:29 PST 2023

Am 17.01.23 um 14:29 schrieb Uwe Richter:

> Hello all,
>
> we run an old CUPS v1.7.5 on Debian and secure print
> (JobType=LockedPrint,UserId/Password) works well with a Ricoh copier.
>
> Well, when printing from a linux client the date/time field for this job
> appears empty on the Ricoh.
> (With a Windows driver this date/time field is set.)
>
> Is there a way with CUPS to ensure that the current date/time is
> included in the job flow?
>
> Thanks & best regards
> Uwe

Hi,

AFAIK it's not a question of logging but a question of the right to see
the values... i'm not sure, which of the following values were existent
in 1.7.5, but AFAIR the references for the 1.x versions were installed
with the cups program automatically, so you should find them on your
system...

search in reference (for 2.x it is:
https://opensource.apple.com/source/cups/cups-327/cups/doc/help/ref-cupsd-conf.html.in
but it may be too new for these things) for

   JobPrivateAccess
   JobPrivateValues
   SubscriptionPrivateAccess
   SubscriptionPrivateValues

in the <policy> sections (default..., but you may have more...)

There might be other names for them in the 1.x versions of cups...

hth
--
cu

jth