[cups] cannot connect to printer

Stuart Stevenson stustev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:53:06 PDT 2023

Gentlemen,
  I have 3 computers with Debian 11 (Bullseye). All are updated - current.
I have a Brother MFC-9440cn printer.
I have Openprint compiled and running.
I set up the Brother and print a test page.
Everything looks good.
I attempt to set up the Brother on one of the client computers.
The Brother is seen and set up in Cups.
Except, when a test print is sent cups eventually says the printer cannot
be connected.
I move back to the server computer. I then cannot print a test page from
the same computer that set up the printer and printed a test page a few
minutes ago. Cups gives me the exact same error as the client computer
shows.
I set up a similar system a couple years ago with zero problems.
Any suggestions?
thanks
Stuart

--
Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read