[cups] Query queue Location/Description from command-line?

Peter Schultz pwschultz2 at alaska.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:06:44 PDT 2023

Is there some HTTP/HTTPS endpoint specifically for querying CUPS, such as
some API? I could parse https://server.edu:631/printers/myprinter.

My ultimate intent is to enable people from my team to maintain printers
via the scripts I'm working on.

Sincerely,
Peter Schultz

Applications Engineer, Enterprise Application Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Alaska System
(c) (510) 557-5986 (preferred)
(w) (907) 450-8342 (voicemail only)