[cups] Query queue Location/Description from command-line?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Mar 29 01:09:25 PDT 2023

Hello,

On 2023-03-29 07:37, Jörg Thümmler wrote (excerpts):

> some linuxes (suse e.g.) have their own APIs to manage printers

as far as I know we (i.e. SUSE) don't have such own APIs.

In particular the YaST printer module is basically
only a frontend for CUPS command line tools.

> enable people to maintain printers

In general see the section
"Allow printer admin tasks for a normal user"
in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell

This article became meanwhile rather old
so some specific information could be outdated
but the general information should be still true.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Frankenstr. 146 - 90461 Nuernberg - Germany