[cups] MacOS => CUPS 2.4.6 no landscape?

Jeff Dyck fsjjeff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:21:36 PST 2023

School district here, we have CUPS 2.3.3 servers running on Ubuntu server, mostly Xerox Altalink copiers, and thousands of Apple clients (Macs and iPads).

I’ve been trying to update to 2.4 series for a while (wanted the improved airport support around available page sizes), but I keep running up against issues that prevent me from upgrading.  Recently I thought I had everything sorted out with an Ubuntu server running CUPS 2.4.6, but one of our test sites started complaining about not being able to print landscape.

A bit of testing, the issue goes away if I revert to CUPS 2.3.3 so it does indeed seem that I can’t print landscape from MacOS via a CUPS 2.4.6 server.

Anyone else seeing that? Advice or ideas on how to solve?

Jeff