[cups] MacOS clients using n-up printing to CUPS server doubles up the n-up option

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Fri Feb 23 17:32:05 PST 2024

Hi Jeff,

> So just to confirm: this seems to be a side effect of not advertising
> the queues as _cups (which I definitely am not doing), but changing
> that to add the _cups PTR would resolve this issue while adding new
> ones.  The other option is to custom compile CUPS with your patch to
> skip this (and some other) attribute when the incoming print job is
> via IPP/Airprint…

Correct.

> Now I just need to figure out how to compile CUPS and add the patch ;).
> That may be complicated somewhat in that I’ve got CUPS within a Docker
> container… I’ll play around and see what I can figure out.

Alternatively you could write a wrapper script around the pdftopdf filter and remove the "number-up" option (and others).

The options I excluded in the patch were based on what the pdftops filter excludes because those options would have already been applied by the pdftopdf filter:
https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/blob/1.28.17/filter/pdftops.c#L67

I removed "Collate" out of the list of options to exclude in my patch, suspect it might need to be added back.

Cheers,
Doug