[cups] Brother MFC-5890CN not found

mick howe mickhowe292 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 13:41:55 PST 2024

Yes it pings.
Check in Cups (localhost:631) for the connection string
under Printers it shows as
Queue Name Description                    Location   Make and Model
                              Status
BROTHER     Brother MFC-5890CN   here         Brother MFC-5890CN CUPS
v1.1        Idle
under List Available Printers

Available Printers

 Brother MFC-5890CN (Brother MFC-5890CN)