[cups] Looking for help to install CUPS

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 12 05:06:42 PDT 2024

Hi  Gopi,

> And then add following lines to cupsd.conf
>
> Listen mycups.com:631
> BrowseAddress All
> ServerAlias *

I don't think the above cupsd.conf configuration is your issue.

On the new CUPS server, confirm the web interface is working there with the following command :
   curl http://mycups.com:631

I would recommend keeping a cups.sock line for localhost cups command-line commands. From memory I had to use ' ServerName for upgrade redirection from http to https to not replace the server hostname with an IP address (maybe also needed 'HostNameLookups On'). Anyway, this is what I'm using:

Port 631
Listen /run/cups/cups.sock
ServerAlias *
ServerName mycups.com
HostNameLookups On

> This way when I enter mycups.com on browser it was taking me to the cups
> web URL. I want to do same thing with 2.3.3 however I am getting 502
> bad gateway. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

A web proxy is most likely returning HTTP status 502 bad gateway and chances are it can't connect to your news CUPS server. I have no idea of the network topology and setup, maybe the old CUPS server was being bypassed by the web proxy.

Cheers,
Doug