USB-Backend

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jul 21 06:47:56 PDT 2004

Daniel Amkreutz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anyone tell me where i can find the documentation to the
> USB-Backend of cups ?

There is no specific documentation on this backend, just the
general stuff in the SDD.

> I need this because i have one special question:
>
> I've written a printer driver for a special type of usb-printer. The
> data-transfer to the printer includes some status requests and
> depending on this imagedata transfer by sending 17 packets of exact
> 64 bytes. No I'm wondering if it is possible to establish this
> transfer using the cups usb-backend in order to replace my own
> solution.

If you require read/write access, my recommendation would be to
copy the current code and add the stuff you need.  This will be
compatible with future versions of CUPS while providing what you
need in the current version.