[cups.bugs] Re: [CRIT] STR #1285: PS-Files generated by windows have trailing ^M

Stefan Hildenbrand stefan.hildenbrand at uni-bayreuth.de
Thu Sep 29 13:06:15 PDT 2005

[STR New]

After spending the whole day with fixing our printer problems the status
concerning the previously filed STR is as follows:

- The problems mentioned could not be blamed on the trailing ^M, so the
  self-made filter was discarded
- Printing from windows resulted in an PS-Error, printing the generated
  job file from the samba server w/ "-oraw"-option worked well
    => all this was done w/ SOCKET backend

When using the HPNPF backend all MS-documents printed so far were printed
as expected. So, to us it is not clear what the problem is -- we checked
anything we could think of -- but we need a working configuration and so I

will not keep looking for the exact reason --- except anyone has a clue.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1285
Version: Web Site