[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2358: ppdFindOption() performanceimprovement using hash table lookup

Hidetomo Katsura Hidetomo.Katsura at efi.com
Thu Apr 26 15:06:49 PDT 2007

just a heads up. i broke the case-insensitivity (assuming PPD is
case-insensitive) when i added the hash table lookup to my cups lib (i didn't
run into any problems or anything because all my PPD files have the correct
cases).

Michael, please make sure you didn't break the case-insensitivity of options
and choices (or whatever you are using the hash).

i guess the hash value function just need to be changed to convert the input
string to lowercase (each character to a lowercase) in order to keep the
case-insensitivity.

regards,
katsura