[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2940: enable tool weird/frustrating/broken behaviour

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sun Sep 7 09:22:38 PDT 2008

Hi,

check this session:

stefano at geppetto ~/s/f/libavfilter> lpstat -l
epson-inkjet-aleph-10   stefano          50176   Sun 07 Sep 2008 10:57:20
AM CEST
        Alerts: job-stopped
        queued for epson-inkjet-aleph
stefano at geppetto ~/s/f/libavfilter> lpstat -p
printer color is idle.  enabled since Sat 06 Sep 2008 08:32:41 PM CEST
printer epson-inkjet-aleph disabled since Sun 07 Sep 2008 10:57:56 AM CEST
-
        Unable to open parallel port device file: No such file or
directory
printer inkjet is idle.  enabled since Sat 06 Sep 2008 08:31:51 PM CEST

Well epson-inkjet-aleph is disabled, so it looks like enable should
re-enable it.

stefano at geppetto ~/s/f/libavfilter> cupsenable epson-inkjet-aleph
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost?
Password for stefano on localhost? fish: Job 1, “cupsenable
epson-inkjet-aleph” terminated by signal SIGTERM (Polite quit request)

I typed at first with my user password, then I tried with the root
password, then I feel bored and pressed Control-C, no way, so I had to
killall cupsenable from another terminal.

Please fix this behaviour is... weird at least, also the program should
say something meaningful in case of invalid input, and it should let the
user to C-c the session.

Regards.