[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4240: cups print queue name changes between reboots

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Dec 12 18:07:58 PST 2012

While it is technically possible that you could cause corruption of printers.conf by rebooting or killing cupsd mid-update, but all versions of CUPS protect against this with varying degrees of paranoia.

However, this looks like the distro-supplied support software is deleting the queue when the printer is disconnected and creating the queue when the printer is reconnected.