[cups-devel] Propagating printer's ACL through cups-browsed

Zdenek Dohnal zdohnal at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 07:18:21 PDT 2017

Hi,

I would like to write patch for cups-browsed daemon to get printer's ACL
(like which user or which group can access printer) and create local
printers with it. General idea is to create request in cups-browsed, in
which it will want requesting-user-name-allow/deny attributes from CUPS
server and then use information in response to create ACL for local
printer. Am I on right track with this idea or isn't it the best
approach? Would anyone mind giving me a hint how it should be done?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day,

Zdenek