Windows machines don't see printers from different subnet

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Aug 23 01:54:51 PDT 2004

Hi all!
Thank you for reading this :)
I'm just trying to install a master print server. I'm in the test phase, trying to print from a MS. Windows machine trougth the Cups server in a RedHat 9. This two machines are in different subnets.
I can no change the IP because the server will have to manage jobs from machines in different nets and subnets.

I can print from the RedHat with CUPS, but i'm not able to see the printer in my Windows machine.

I just read that I should add an entry BrowsePoll in the cupsd.conf of the clients. But my intention was configure the new printers in Windows machines just add a new printer with address
ipp://50.0.0.12/printers/lp_explotacion
It is possible?