CUPS suddenly does not print

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 08:44:45 PST 2004

Hi

I have been using CUPS 1.1.20 (with espgs 7.07.1, using the CUPS+Gimp-print v4.2.5 driver) for months without problems.

Yesterday, I installed an S-ATA controller card and recompiled the kernel. After rebooting, CUPS suddenly stopped working. (Don't know if the controller card/kernel has anything to do with this, but I can't think of anything else I've done.)

Now, printing anything but the test page results in the job being "aborted".

I tried upgrading to 1.2.22. I also tried using USB instead of parallel. However, neither helped; there is still no output and the queue still says the jobs are aborted. I can find nothing that looks like an error in error_log with either the debug or debug2 log levels :-(

Any help is very appreciated.

Best regards,
Ambrose